Saturday, April 28, 2012

In Honor

Whew! What a night thankfully Ryan had a much better night than his Mommy did! Apparently when a medication states not to stop abruptly it means don’t even think that you can skip one night’s dose and take it in the morning. I had crazy literal nightmare all night long. Thankfully my mom was the only one who heard me yelling in my sleep.
Today is a very special day. . . A year ago today God took all my Daddy’s pain away. I wrote today’s post before Ryan re-entered the hospital. So enjoy the pictures of our little Edward as I remember my Daddy Edward. . . .

Today’s post is in Honor and Memory of my Father
Edward Wayne Rundel.
Daddy today is your one year birthday of your entrance in heaven for us on earth. I can’t even imagine who time has flown in Heaven time. We miss you terribly but know that you will never feel pain. You are playing, singing (yes now I believe you CAN carry a tune in a bucket), and dancing in heaven.
I can’t lie and say that I’ve not missed you terribly! We’ve gone through some of the toughest times without you here over the last year. It been insanely difficult but we know that you instilled in us the courage and will to overcome all of our obstacles. God’s timing is everything. Through the loss of our son you inadvertently guided us through your own passing. I remember you telling to never worry about the money used for your last memory/time with a love one. You really did walk us through your passing. I know you wouldn’t take any credit for it but you did help us with your words you instilled in us through the passing of our son.
This last month has been especially hard for me Daddy. I’ve had to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life. Even though you’re not physically here I’ve heard your voice in my thoughts several times. You’ve encouraged and guided me through several tough decisions and this was no different. You’ve always been one of my biggest supporters throughout my college carrier and now my professional career. We used to joke and one-up each other with every raise we received. I ultimately ‘won’ but I know you wouldn’t have had it any other way! The only thing I wish is that I could have been hugged and kissed on the cheek one last time.
I know you are exceptionally proud. Two of my all-time dreams have come true this year. Your grandson at times is a complete pill just like you would have him!!! He is of course your name sake and very rightfully so!!! As of Monday I will get the opportunity to care for cardiovascular patients. Granted God had a much younger patient in mind but I can’t be more excited. I just wish I could share my excitement with you!
I have to thank you soo very much for introducing us to our new spiritual family. They have been infallible resources, comforters, teachers, and friends! We couldn’t have come as far as we have without our Kentucky MBC family.
We miss you terrible but we are going to try do to our best to celebrate your earthly one year entrance into heaven. I can’t even imagine the things you and Jesus are teaching our son Jackson. I know one day we will see you all again.
I love you Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment