Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2 Weeks Old!

Two weeks ago today at 1800 our lives changed forever! It is so hard to believe that just over a few weeks ago we were praying and cautiously awaiting the 24, 48, and 72 hour marks. It was the best day and also the most stressful and scary day of our lives. Two weeks and a few bumpy days/nights later our little man is doing so well! His fluid has decreased significantly and he has been able to continue to make good urine while tolerating his feedings. We’ve been told as soon as he could tolerate his feedings that he should start growing like a weed!


 He is such a little trooper! His daddy seems to think he has the mental strength to be Special Forces. Dean was in the army and achieved the status of an Army Ranger. It is so neat to see his face light up when he thinks of how tough our little man has already proven to be! I couldn’t be more proud of our little family!

Ryan is intent on holding onto his breathing and feeding tube! It makes both me and the Nurses very nervous. He made a huge sad face after I took my hand out from under his feet and moved his hand away from the tube. Such a sad face but such a cute face!!

Ryan’s little tummy has become distended this morning. This means that his tube feedings has to be stopped for now. This is a minor setback but we would much rather him have to stop his feedings for a few days than him stop making urine. Thankfully he is still making urine!

Our little toot treated his daddy tonight! He has been working on opening his right eye and he was able to open it up when dean saw him after work!! I can’t wait to see it for myself. He has eluded the camera though! Hopefully very soon we can catch his eyes open with the camera!

I had my two week checkup this afternoon. Everything looks good. I’m going to be able to return to work in 2 weeks so that I’ll be able to save my FMLA time. I should have around 8 weeks to spend with him once he comes home from the hospital!


While we were at my appointment my MD told us that Ryan was the first 25 week baby that she had ever monitored the heart rate of. She said that God had a hand in her caring for us that day. She knew that there was no good information on what is exactly normal heart rate for his gestational age but after seeing his strip she felt that she had to have him checked out further. She called my high risk OB and told him what she had seen and how she felt and he was right on track with her and said to send me his way and we would find out exactly what was going on with our child. It seems like nearly every day we learn a new way that the Lord had a huge hand in Ryan’s birth. I’m just so thankful that he is in charge! He is the master and has the master plan. We may not understand his plan but it is always the perfect plan for our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment