Friday, September 2, 2011

Cloud Nine


I’m having a very proud Mommy moment! I will finish posting about our day later but I couldn’t resist a quick update! Our little man did awesome overnight! When I spoke with the nurse this morning she was soo excited. She said he was going to become a “big boy” today! The doctor took out his line that was in him umbilical artery and he has started his tummy feedings!! They also weighed him this morning and he now weighs 1lb 11oz! Most of this is due to fluid but he has grown some on his own.



His bed was open when we arrived this morning so that the nurses could change his linens and reposition him. Since his line is out of his umbilical he can now turn from side to side and lay on his tummy. This will also help him drain the excess fluid!


I went to touch his little hand and he grabbed ahold of my finger and would not let go! He was holding his oxygen and temperature perfectly so we were able to drop the sides of his bed down and sit with him for almost a good hour!


These ‘little’ feet amuse me! He has a long way to grow to grow into these feet! I just LOVE them!!!


Gammie got to give him his first kiss on the hand! She got a little teary eyed but we had the best little visit with him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment