Saturday, September 3, 2011

Today has been an exceptionally tough day. Ryan has stopped making urine. The doctor is concerned because his potassium will get way to and cause some serious heart rhythm problems. He has been started on low dose dopamine to help make sure his kidneys are perfused properly. His IV diuretic has been increased and a second diuretic has been added. The doctor did a repeat echocardiogram this morning to make sure that his heart still looked ok after and it came back normal. We just need the little guy to make some urine!


I think I’ve been the biggest mess today that I’ve been this entire time. Just the thought of losing another child kills me. I didn’t realize that he hadn’t made urine in a 24 hour period.  I know there will be ups and downs on our journey but today has been the most serious that the doctors have looked this entire time. I’m trying my best to stay positive. I know the Lord won’t give us anything that we can’t handle. I just pray he allows Ryan to get through his hospitalization to where we will be allowed to raise him!

Around 3pm Ryan did have a wet diaper. It had 8ml of urine. Its small but it’s a decent start. His catheter is also starting to have a little bit of urine beginning to drain. His lungs are showing some signs of distress now. They have had to turn up his oxygen. We are just praying that he gets through this valley.

Ryan has turned a corner this afternoon. He has begun to make urine and it is picking up flow nicely. His color looks much better today. He has more of a pink hue to his skin. His breathing is also doing better. He has been moving his eyes underneath his eyelids. They are still fused at the moment but as we talk to him he is trying his hardest to get them to open so that he can see us.


It has been a very long and bumpy day but we are so very thankful for all the prayers for Ryan today! He is doing much better and we just pray that he keeps this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment