Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Sweet Sweet Chip-A-Monk!!


I was absolutely blown away when I learned that Ryan weighed 700 grams last night!! That is 1lb 9oz!! I LOVE that he getting sweet baby cheeks!! Dr. B increased Ryan’s calories to 24 in his formula! They can only give Ryan so much volume due to his size so they increase the calories in the feeds in order to “put some meat on his bones.”


Dr. B decided to ‘challenge’ Ryan today. He took his rate from 33 to 23! This is a BIG jump! Auntie Becky said that Dr. B really believes in ‘our’ boy and challenges him accordingly! It is such a good feeling to know that our doctor believes so much in our son! Ryan tolerated this rate for around 10 hours before his lungs began to tire and take significantly less volume which caused his sats to drop. Ryan is now back at a rate of 33. He is resting and I imagine they will attempt to decrease his rate again in the morning to help condition his lungs. He has a small leak around his breathing tube. If it continues to get worse they may have to increase the size of that tube again.


Gammie has been able to participate in Ryan’s 2 o’clock feed and diaper change the last few days while I’ve been at work. Apparently today Ryan had an extra special stinky present for Gammie. You’d think that this little stink wouldn’t have that many nooks and crannies but when he leaves a stinky present you’re forced to find ‘em all!! I’m told Auntie B had to help Gammie find all them all today! Apparently she was slightly overwhelmed!!!

I've been up to my eyeballs in organization the past few days. I've spent 90% of my hours worked in the closet. lol

 I'm thankful for my work!They've allowed me to come back early so that I can save my time for when Ryan returns home. I hate that I have to leave him but it is comforting that he is only an elevator ride away.


No comments:

Post a Comment