Monday, September 5, 2011

Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me


This I know



For the Bible tells me so





Little ones to Him belong


They are Weak



But He is Stong!




I’ve had children’s bible songs in my head all day long. A very sweet family in our church made Ryan a cover for his bed. It has his name on one side and the phrase “precious in His sight” on the reverse side. I absolutely LOVE the saying. When we lost Jackson one of the many things I kept thinking that I would never get to do with him is sit in the armchair rocker my grandmother gave me and sing bible songs to my baby. I remember I did get to sing Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children while I was pregnant with Jackson at AWANNAS one night. We played one of the most beautiful renditions of Jesus Loves Me at Jackson’s funeral. I know it’s a long way before we get Ryan home but I can’t wait to sing to him in his room!

Ryan looks soo good today! He has considerably less fluid on his body. They have been able to stop one of his diuretics and decrease his dopamine. He is still making very good urine and his blood pressure has been awesome! He has held his temp so well that they took his tent out of his bed. They only weigh him when the doctor orders for a weight to be performed and today he weighed 1 pound 7 ounces. He has successfully excreted 4oz worth of extra fluid!! He still has some fluid around his tummy and the back of his head. Hopefully the diuretics will be able to remove that fluid in the next few days.

Ryan is too cute when he tries to open his eyes. He will drop his chin just as far as he can get it and then raise his eyebrows just at high as he can in an attempt to open his little eyes. His eyes haven’t opened yet due to the sedation that he has had. Now that he is more stable they’ve been using less sedation and he is able to wiggle his eyes more. He is soo close to getting his eyes to open! Whenever he hears us in the room talking to him he gets those little eyes to moving and tries soo hard to get them to open.

Dean was able to change Ryan’s first diaper today!


He also was able to give him a kiss!

Happy First Holiday Ryan!!



No comments:

Post a Comment