Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Once, Twice, now Thrice. . .

That's the amount of times I've left a hospital admission without a child in arm.

Ryan had a pretty rough night his co2 climbed overnight and didn't come down till around noon. They are now using bops to bop on his chest to loosen the gunk in his lungs. He started running a temp overnight so they sent cultures. His sputum culture is growing the apn said that due to secretions and the oett that a pneumonia has set up. He us now on abx and receiving both pain and sedation medications.


His poor eyes said it all tonight. He woke up on the vent and had a look of shear terror. It took a long amount of time for him to calm down. He has had a few pulse rate and heart rate drops tonight. He is very sick tonight. I know it will take time to wean the vent but it is hard watching him knowing that there is nothing that I can do to help.



After spending most of the day almost in tears and the rest in tears I decided
that it would be best to come home. There is nothing I can do for our son there.
I miss BOTH my boys tremendously and I'd much rather hurt in my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment