Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!! (Or So I Thought)

It’s been a lot harder saying goodbye to 2011 than I ever dreamed. It hit me as I went to bed in the early hours of New Year’s Day what I would be leaving behind. We were so eager to get this horrible year over with that now I feel rotten. I feel as though I have wished away the first and last days with my first Child and also my Daddy.  (It still amazes me how minute materials such as a blue and orange crayon  in a childs menu can invoke such enmotions!)
Today we celebrated the Marriage of one of my favorite couples of all time!
My Grandparents have been married 65 years!!!


All they asked was for our entire family to accompany them to church and then eat with them at Granma’s favorite eatery afterwards.
Ryan did amazingly during church. He LOVED the music!! He cooed and made sweet faces during the entire music service. He snoozed silently during the message. I was soo impressed at how well our son did at his first church service!! My Grandma’s face was priceless! She looked as happy as I’ve ever seen her!!
My Papaw is a very special man! I pray Dean treats/cares for me half as well as he treats my Grandma I would be the luckiest woman in the world!!!
Grandma wasn’t so sure about holding Ryan at our Christmas party but she was all about holding Ryan for her anniversary!!
This MADE my day! Ryan tolerated it exceptionally well!
If I had to judge by the pictures I’d say it also made Ryan’s Great-Grandparents day as well!!!
I cannot tell you how much these two mean to me!!
Happy 65th Anniversary Granma and Papaw Greer!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment