Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Turn

Ryan has had a much better day today. His doctor told me this morning that he was feisty enough today to pull his breathing tube but that he wanted to clear his lungs just a bit more throughout the day. I thought he had lost his mind until I saw Ryan this afternoon. I don’t give him (or God for that matter) enough credit at times. He scared me yesterday. I haven’t seen him look that ill, ever. All I have is a reference point from adult patients. I forget that these little ones are resilient. Once again I believe that the NICU makes one clinically bipolar!!

I have to thank Debbie for lending me her child! Munchkin therapy is always the best!! This little one can put a smile on your face no matter how blue you are feeling.
Ryan is doing 100% better than yesterday. He received some Lasix to rid him of excess fluid and has been started on a morphine drip to help him stay comfortable.
He is receiving his ‘bopping’ therapy every 4hours and his secretions now look more normal instead of yellow plugs. He seems to really enjoy his bopping. . . Well until it is time to suction or do his inhaler!!
I thank you all for the prayers. My son is a daily reminder of how prayer changes lives. Please remember our family this week. Exactly one year ago today (Thursday) we found that our son Jackson had gone to be with the Lord. It has been an extremely hard week watching our second son become so ill after surgery. Thankfully the Lord has always seen us through these times. I know that he will never lead us through a point that he cannot bring us through but honestly I’m human and sometimes want to question him as if to say “do you REALLY think I’m this strong?” I've enjoyed all the verses on facebook this week. I've needed most everyone that I've seen!! They've been a reminder that everything is perfect in Gods time. . even if dosent seem so in ours.

"Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hands" That line of this song has played in my mind throughout the day today.
I'm so thankful for this promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment