Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's Begining to Look Alot Like Christmas!!

Ryan had a good night overall last night. He had a few pulse ox drops but none with heart rate drops. He continued the same pattern throughout the day very minimal negative activity. The doctor surprised us a little this morning. He ordered for Ryan to start receiving his food through his feeding tube that ends in in stomach instead of the one ending in his gut. So far he has done a very good job! He is on fewer calories and the nurse said they will slowly increase his calories as his tummy tolerates the new feeding. I guess the doctor figured since he had to decrease his calories because of the blood that now is as good of a time to try the tummy since the calories where already decreased?

We had a very fun afternoon with Ryan! The three of us spent more quality time ‘hanging out’ with our little man. I thought about downloading some Christmas music this morning but was figuring it still might be a little too early.  (You know because I didn’t want Ryan to get to use to the CD’s we were listening to and then NOT like Christmas music when he came home) When we walked through the unit the nurses had their Christmas CD out and had apparently listened to the whole thing!

Needless to say. . . .I found a Christmas CD on ITunes and Ryan heard his first Christmas song with Mommy!! We were listening to Santa Baby and the part where he sings “think of all the girls I HAVENT kissed” Ryan gave us the biggest grin! I realize he was probably just filling his diaper but it was classic!

Speaking of diaper issues . . . . Ryan ‘got’ mommy Not Once . . . Not Twice. . But THREE times in ONE diaper change! His tummy must have felt better afterwards though. He had three HUGE stinkys! I’d get one diaper off and clean then he would fill the other diaper etc. The third time I think they could hear us laughing all the way at the front of the unit!! Sad thing is I was hopeing he would be back up to three pounds tonight but after nearly an ounce of stinky. . . I’m afraid we will have to wait until his next weight to reach the three pound mark again!

Ryan is beginning to get wise to his holding ‘schedule.’ We weren’t sure if we could hold during a feeding since they moved his food to his stomach so weren’t going to ask to hold until after he finished. Well Ryan had other thoughts. He was Crying and Fussing and carrying on like no bodies business. Mom said something about him wanting to be held and the nurse piped up and said if y’all want to hold we’ll stop his food and restart it when he is situated. Ryan no more was picked up off the bed before he quieted down and started grinning!

I love his pictures with his Daddy.

He does have some of the same faces that Dean Makes! This one for instance . . . they are both looking at Mommy like “enough pictures mommy!”

And Ooooh. . . .Gotta scratch the nose!
We listen to our music on my IPhone. Ryan seems WAY too comfortable with an IPhone!
His Big Brother would be proud of him! Before I know it they will BOTH be teaching me about my phone!!

We had a very good message at church this morning. It was on Gideon and how the town was saved and united with God and then their once friends turned on them. The bible said that #1 they had to get right with God and ask him to help then. #2 Ask God’s people for help. When they did God made time stand still until all their enemies were defeated.

Our pastor brought up a very good point. That the church may know you’re having a hard time but not know how it is best to help and that you must let them know how/what your needs maybe because at times it may not be obvious.

I know many Believers who read this blog and pray faithfully for our family.  Our son still needs your prayers for his growth and development but his Mommy needs your prayers also. I’m having a very hard time spending 12 hours away from Ryan. While I’m at work I cannot see him due to passing infection. I spend what time I can but it is extremely hard when he is having crummy days. I’m also having a hard time with all the sickness and death at work that I’ve experienced. At times I would just like to be able to be a part of helping a family during a ‘happy’ time. I’m good at helping families understand difficult diagnosis and facing death but with everything that happened this year it is getting extremely hard on my part. If y’all would just keep our family as a whole in your prayers I would appreciate it!

Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not.
Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment