Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tough!

Today has been a very tough day to swallow. I finally had a somewhat half decent day at work (after I was late because all of the keys to my car were in other vehicles Nowhere near our house). I was off on time and extremely excited to see my baby. Little did I know that the last few hours had been hard on our little boy. His pulse ox and heart rate drops started again after he completed a breathing treatment.

We ended up staying close to 3 hours with Ryan tonight. At one point they had his oxygen up to 60% to help him through his drops. They tried a Vapo breathing treatment because he sounded slightly wheezy and it did help a bit. He finally settled down and began to sleep around 9pm.


His night was fairly uneventful after that but he is still requiring increased amounts of oxygen to maintain his saturation levels.

It is just getting so hard to be away from him at work for 12 hours knowing he is having such a hard time. The doctors are still trying to give the vitamins to help raise his blood count time to work. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.


Until then I’m left feeling completely kicked in the gut by a gigantic mule! I guess there is only one good thing about how dead tired I feel. At least I’m too tired to stay up all night worrying. (Just wish I were too tired to feel guilty about not being able to worry)

No comments:

Post a Comment