Sunday, November 13, 2011

Look Mom. . . . No Oxygen!!

I have so many thoughts/feelings running through my head! I think I’ve FINALLY figured out how I most feel! I am on Proud Momma!!!

Our little man gained 70 grams!! He is up to 1430 which is 3lbs and very close to 3oz!!!


He also grew in length this last week! He is now 14 ½ inches long!!!

Today when I called to check on our little man I received the most wonderful news yet!! The doctor had the nurses completely remove his nasal cannula!!!!!


 That means NO more supplemental oxygen OR flow!! So far he has done amazingly well! I am SOOOO Proud!!


The only other order Ryan had today was for his calories to be increased in his feeds to 25 calories. His nurses are now slowly preparing his tummy for bottle feedings by decreasing the amount of time his food is delivered into his tummy. He has also done amazingly well on this also!

We had a very good visit with Ryan this afternoon. It was almost like it used/supposed to be. We went to church, out to eat with grandparents, and then spent the afternoon as a family!


I never saw his oxygen drop while we were there! He was too funny he is soo much like his big brother when he sleeps! He was nearly turned sideways in the bed when we checked on him!!
I’m just so proud of our little man! It seems like our next hurdle might be our last before going home. He now needs to begin to take a bottle. It will most likely be several days before they attempt to bottle feed Ryan.
It seems so strange to finally be to this point.

 The doctor said when he increased his calories that we needed to get him fatter so we could get him to an open crib and home.

I smile every time I think that possibly but this time next month our little man will be home!!

(as I Re-read and edit this post I'm also starting to get a little overwhelmed at all the things I still need to either buy or get accomplished!!)

Baby Boy in Daddy's Hands. . . Holding Daddy's Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment