Tuesday, November 8, 2011

This is the sight I was met with after a very crummy day at work.

My little sleepy boy didn’t even wake up when the nurse was talking with mommy in his room.


I was told he has had a good day. His oxygen is still at room air and his flow was turned down to 1.5 liters. His oxygen saturation was around 96%.
His calories are at 22/ml and he is now getting 26mls of food every three hours through his tube that goes from his mouth to his tummy. He has had very little residual which is awesome!He gained weight over the last two days. He now weighs 1320grams. That is 2lbs 14oz.   
Ryan moved across the hall into a new room tonight. I was just getting ‘used’ to his one room. He is still in the same unit but they moved all the babies more locally around the nurses’ station. Ryan spent the day with Gammie. She was able to 'show him off' this morning Bro Donnie and Lisa visited this morning! Gammie said y'all had a very special time. Bro Donnie prayed with Ryan for him, his doctors, and his nurses. We are so very thankful for everyone!! (and Gammie for taking pictures for mommy while she is at work)

Hopefully work will go better and I’ll be able to get to spend some time after work with Ryan while he is awake tomorrow. I’m just thankful that he gained weight! Just hate that I missed my time with him today. I know he will never know/remember that Momma did or didn’t visit him but Momma knows and that’s a tough reality to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment