Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Can We Please Just Get a Little Good Communication

Ryan had an uneventful night. He did take one complete bottle. Apparently the other day
when the nurse trouble shoot Ryan’s eating it did NOT get passed along
in report after that crew had gone off work for several days.



Nothing was said in report that he was taking bottle consistently by following the schedule of two NG feedings followed by one by mouth feeding. After yet ANOTHER LOONG discussion it is supposed to be in report how he was beginning to take his feeds consistently.

We had a pretty good visit with Ryan this evening. I was able to get him to take 20mls from a bottle. He was NOT having eating from a bottle today BUT it was also NOT communicated through report that little man was getting gas drops with each feed. I was told today that it was only if he gets fussy. So once his tummy is rolling and you can hear it across the hall AND he is fussy he gets gas drops.

It felt like we were finally back on track until I received a call from work. Apparently the arrangements that were made earlier this week no longer stand. I am expected to show up tomorrow to work and will not be being to class. Long story that is upsetting and not short at all I will now have to work until he comes home.

 If I were waddling I could take a week off early but since I’m not and there should be nothing wrong with me (forget that I’m stressed beyond measure and my mind is fried from aforementioned stress) I should be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment