Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Four Month Update

Today has been pretty low Key. I had a doctor’s appointment with a minor procedure which required me to be a little loopy so I’m going to us today to write about Ryan’s Four Month Progress.
Our little man turned 4 Months old on Christmas Eve!!
Most of his 4th month has been spent in NICU step-down called 2K. Finally being home it is hard to think much further than the time he spent at home in his 4th month.
While in the hospital he received his two month immunizations. He did better with his shots than I expected. The nurses were great and made sure he had his as needed Tylenol. He only had a minor setback with his eating after his shots but that turned itself around within 24 hours.
He has been packing on the pounds this last month. It’s hard to believe that he will be 6lbs in just a few weeks!! He is eating 46-60oz at each feeding. The amount he consumes depends on how long he has slept in between each feed.
It has been a long struggle this month to get Ryan to take PO feedings. Thankfully he seems to LOVE his Dr. Brown’s bottles. I cannot get enough bottles! I know they are slightly a job to clean but having my happy baby back makes the time at the sink all worthwhile!!
His gas issues are becoming a thing of the past. He is still taking gas medications with each feed. We’re not ready to test the boat without it just yet.
We are excited beyond words to have our little man home this month!
I’d say that we can’t wait to see what God has in store for our little fighter but at the moment I don’t want him to grow up that fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment