Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last NICU Night!

Today has been a busy day! Ryan’s feedings are still being taken all by mouth. His only Doctor’s orders were for routine repeat ECHO and repeat cap blood gasses. We haven’t heard anything on either of these tests so no news around here is of course good news.
We slept in a little this morning. Most of our sleep during the ‘night’ occurred after 5am this morning. 
Our home oxygen tank was put in place this morning. Gammy was nice and met them at our house so I didn’t have to leave Ryan. I had monitor training this morning.

There was some debate on wither we would have both a pulse ox monitor and an apnea monitor. Thankfully we will only have to lug around one monitor!
Ryan has his Bell Baby portraits this afternoon. He wasn’t too thrilled about awake and refused to open his eyes for the shoot!! We were given a very special gift of photographers!

The photographer said that we looked familiar and I hadn’t seen her name badge and thought it was because we’d been here for 4 months. When I saw her badge I realized exactly who she was. She was the photographer who came up and captured our most treasured pictures of Jackson!

 It was truly meant to be that she just happened to be the one assigned to take our pictures today!! I thought that it was also extra special that she remembered us and our little boy! She said she realized who we were when she walked into the door.
I had my “you know you’re a mom when” moment today.  Ryan was NOT liking his ECHO at all and ended up having to be held by momma while the test was performed. I looked down at his little nose and of course! He had scratched his nose!!  Perfectly timed right before his first ‘real’ pictures!
We have a very family oriented evening. Dean, myself, Gammy, and Auntie Lesha piled into our room for a long while after work.

Pizza was ordered and it was like it always should have been.

 Our family gathered in a hospital room smiling and talking about taking our baby home the next day!
It was truly a blessing! We had such a good time. It might not have been the exact way that we pictured this night but as with everything Gods timing is always perfect!
I have a million emotions running through my mind. I am relieved that our time in the NICU is coming to an end while at the same time I’m sad.

We have grown to love our NICU family. It will be strange not to see and visit with them on a daily basis. They mean the world to our family!!

 We will miss them!!!
Thank YOU SOOO Very Much!!! We Love You All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment