Friday, October 21, 2011

1030!!!!

1030!!!!!Ryan has broken the 1000 gram mark!
 He is between 2lbs 4oz and 2lbs 5oz!! I’m so proud of my little man!!


 I didn’t get to spend much time with Ryan today due to some impromptu job hazards in the unit today but Gammie did me a favor and spent the afternoon with Ryan for me. It kills me to miss what little time I get to spend with him! I’m going to have to try to have longer visits before work so that on days like today I can feel like I actually spent time with my son! Gammie was nice enough to write Ryan’s post this evening. Sometimes it just feels like when it rains it pours!

Gammie comes to visit you every day. This day wasn't any different. Your mommy had to work today and went early to spend a little time with you before work. I went to lunch with mommy and she had a pretty good morning and was looking forward to spending time with you when she got off. Gammie was going to spend a few hours and check on what the doctor ordered for you today. I got a call from your mommy and when she got back to work she got into some "nasty" germs. She was not going to get to come see you after work, afraid she might pass them on. She asked Gammie a really HARD question. "Will you spend some time with you, since I can't go after work" now how could I say no. I love your mommy so that I would do anything for her, and her to ask me to stay with you was a real blessing. I don't write near as well as mommy, but at supper she said I had to write on your wall, since I spent more time with you. Here goes.

When I walked in your room this afternoon, you had just finished your feeding and were working your passie over, I put my hand on your back and you took hold of my finger. I sat there with my hand on your back watching you sleep. You would open that eye and peek to make sure that I had not left. I sang you a lullaby and talked about your papa. This weekend was when we were taking our week vacation and spending it at deer camp as our tradition has been the last few years. I started to tear up and you looked up at me and smiled....letting me know it was gonna be alright.

I got to take your temperature and change your diaper and watched you coo and look around. Gammie got to place you on your back to change you and clean that slobber mouth. You started to fuss but I talked to you and told you that you knew that your mommy and Gammie would not have a dirty mouth and you stopped crying and let me get it clean. I got a kiss after the nurse help me tuck you all in before closing your bed.


We had a good talk and visit. I told you how much you’re Mommy loved you and how special you were to all of us. You are the Light of my life and anytime spent with you just makes me smile.

Your only orders the doctor wrote for today was to increase your calories in your formula. He also wrote for a heart echo next week. This is for a checkup been awhile since the last one.


Thank you Michelle for allowing me to spend time with this precious little boy.
Love Y’all

No comments:

Post a Comment