Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Go Ahead. . . Make My Day!

Ryan slept decently but had desats overnight. Dr. B checked a caffeine level and it was low again so he ordered for Ryan to receive another caffeine bolus. In addition to the bolus he rechecked his CBC to make sure there weren’t any problems (possible infection). Thankfully the CBC was normal!

We had been worried about Ryan’s blood count but his bone marrow decided to kick in and his Hematocrit improved from 30 to 34! He color was much pinker today.


We are really going to have to watch Ryan because he is already taking after Gammie and her drinking habits!!


You do NOT wake Gammie up unless you have a Diet Coke in each hand! Ryan’s caffeine bolus did the trick! He needed the extra stimulus to help keep his respiratory drive alive! His Oxygen saturation sored this afternoon!

After a less than desirable day at work and morning to start today . . . Today ended up being a fruitful blogging day!!
I LOVE these two munchkins and have no doubt they will teach my little munchkin silly boy tricks/habits but they gave me the best laugh/smile today! Totally Made my day!


I was hoping they could extend the usage out of big bubbas old cloths but never dreamed they’d find ‘manly’ use for the girl cloths!

Ryan was resting when we visited this morning so we took the opportunity to run to Garden Ridge! I Love this store at Christmas time.  I went in looking for a First stocking for Ryan and came out with a room fit for a king!

Big Bubba is getting a new baseball room and I found the PERFECT decor! Completely continued my ‘Made’ day!
Ryan might have been resting when we arrived at the hospital but he had his ‘eye out’ for Momma. He even knocked the socks off of his Uncle Jack! (The last time he saw our little man in person was while Ryan was still on the oscillator)

Ryan was in a very happy mood when I changed him!
 His nurse allowed me to change his cloths for the day and snap a few adorable pictures!
The next few hours completely ‘Made’ my day!

We were both feeling very froggy and were in much need of some Mommy/Ryan time.
Ryan seems to completely relax when I’m allowed to hold him. He never had a single desat or heart rate drop!

He is getting to be such a BIG boy!

Today Ryan rocked in Mommy’s arms for the first time. He really seemed to enjoy our time today. He didn’t even become cranky at feeding time until after our diaper ordeal! (Which put his feeding several minutes off track



Ryan’s nurse allowed me to stand up, hold him in my arms, and place him back to bed! I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal but this was the longest time I’ve been able to walk and hold my baby in my arms. Then to be able to put him in his bed and get him situated and ready for bed that just put the day over the top!


We had the biggest laugh when we changed Ryan’s diaper. . I mean diaperS  today. I ended up changing him twice when he went back to bed. I knew he was happy and alert but then he became a little too happy!
Little man crossed his eyes and had the BIGEST smile on his face! He was concentrating on some serious business! Sure enough he left a ginormous (literally) stinky. The smell filled the room so quickly that he would have made his Papa Monkey smile!

The only other stinky thing about the day is my suspicions about Ryan are becoming true. He knows that Mommy is going to leave him and has started holding on for dear life!Tonight he had my hand with both hands. If I even moved them an smidge he squeezed with all his might!

I needed today more than I could explain! Thank you Thank you Thank you Lord for this day! He knows when I need good days and I’m so grateful for them! Please remember to pray for the nurses, doctors, babies, and families that are the NICU with Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment