Sunday, October 9, 2011

Big Boy

Ryan is looking so much like a little baby I just LOVE it!!!


I know we see him every day but some days his progress takes me by surprise. We spent a few hours with his house open today. He is usually on his tummy or his side but today he had wormed his way onto his back from his side.



I guess it’s been over a week since I’ve seen him on his back (they place them on their tummy’s while on the vent because it is supposed to help with digestion). He just looked SO BIG!!

I am just so proud of our little man!!

His nurse has been trying for a week now to have time to do his foot prints!


 I know he is not hers but between her and another nurse I’m not sure that they do not love him like he is their own.



I know they take the BEST care of him!!

It was so much fun watching him get his foot prints made.


Dean just happened to wear the New Dad 2011 shirt today and since he didn’t get footprints in the OR he got a set on his New Dad shirt!

He is over the moon about our little man also!!

We took Ryan a few furry friends for Halloween.

They seemed like they were tiny until we placed them next to Ryan!

He wasn’t too sure of what was in his bed but after feeling around for a bit he seemed to like them much better.



He has quite the collection of furry friends that stay with him in his room. He has soo many more here at home also. He isn’t spoiled. . . .He is just LOVED!

I could look at pictures of this little guy all day long!



Ryan is still doing sooo well! His food was changed again today. He is now receiving 2 parts Similac to 1 part Alimentum. So far he hasn’t had any residual!


He LOVES his groceries. Today his nurse allowed me to place a small drop of formula on the tip of my pinky and place it on his tongue. He seemed to really enjoy his treat. He instantly began to suck and even bit harder with his gums on my pinky when I tried to take it out of his mouth!


He is no longer receiving a diuretic. It had been backed way down and only given every 48 hours. Hopefully his urine output will stay at a sufficient level!


He managed to go throughout the entire shift without sedation! His nurse has had him since day 1 (she was with him the second he was born) and says that as long as you make sure he has a clean diaper, groceries every 3 hours, and he is comfy in the bed that he is a Very Happy Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment