Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweet Sweet Sounds

Ryan seems to be resting much better now that he is off of the vent. He has remained on around 22% oxygen. The doctor increased his feeds to 18mls every 3 hours. He had a few heart rate drops overnight so they are increasing his caffeine dose also.

His doctor says that he is doing great. His nurse thinks that he shouldn’t have to be put back on the vent either. It just scares me. I see more than my fair share of anoxia at work and just pray that Ryan will not experience any breathing setbacks.

Ryan's eye movements are starting to get much smoother. He is doing very well tracking us around the room. At times he is even turning his head toward sounds he is attempting to look at.

I heard Ryan cry for the first time at lunch today. It was the cutest, sweetest, and most pathetic cry I’ve ever heard. It was within 15 minutes of feeding time and he had a very wet diaper. I changed his diaper and he quieted down nearly instantly. It was so nice to be able to ‘fix’ something.


Ten months ago today we were given a plate with the most precious foot prints in the center. I love how our plate turned out. The ladies at the fire fly studio did an amazing job matching the wings around Jackson’s feet to Deans Tattoo.

Today Ryan made his own special plate for Mommy and Daddy



 I’ll show the finished product here once it is completed.


This afternoon Ryan had his first Big fit. I hate to see him cry but I love the sweet little sounds he makes.


Ryan is strong enough that he will now be weighed every other day. We are taking guesses as to how much he has gained over the last two days. Dean says 940 grams. I’m thinking closer to 930 grams.


Either way our little man should be over Two Pounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment