Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fluffed, Puffed, and Tucked!

Ryan has made 72+ hours off of the vent!! When we visited him this evening he was sleeping, sucking on his passi, AND his oxygen saturation never dropped below 94%. This is a big deal for the little guy. Sometimes little ones have trouble multitasking so it see him doing both was a very encouraging sight.



Ryan continues to do well with his feeds and diapers. Today his feeds were increased to 19mls every 3 hours and as long as he continues to have very low to no residual his feeds will be increased to 20mls every 3 hours. Dean took the lead and wanted to change Ryan’s diaper this evening and boy did he get a surprise! Ryan had a very Large stinky and wet diaper! It was the funniest sight to watch Ryan squirm and Deans large hands attempt to keep everything clean! Poor Ryan even had stinky in his toes before it was all said and done! Dean laughed on the way out and said that when Ryan comes home he will take care of those stations with a bath!


We learned/ figured out a third fact about our son tonight. First fact is that he Hates a stinky or wet diaper and gets very fussy! Second fact Ryan LOVES his groceries! Third Ryan prefers to be tucked in with his fleece blanket to sleep.

Ryan threw a big fit two days ago after being hot and then placed on his left side. Tonight he did the same. We were able to pick him up and situate him in his bed then tuck him into his snuggly (this is very big because until he was off the vent we very rarely were allowed to pick him up off of his bed now they are encouraging us to pick him up and do as much as we can with him).


He did not calm down until I covered him with his fleece blanket and then tucked the side under his snuggly. Almost instantly he calmed down and gave into his sleepy eyes!



I’m going to miss my little guy so much tomorrow. I have to go in and work a 12 and am dreading nearly every bit of it. I love my job but I hate that I won’t be able to go up at lunch and sit with him since I’m going to be having direct patient contact (too big of a change of Ryan getting an infection from a patient I’ve cared for). I am glad that he is right upstairs if I’m needed at any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment