Saturday, October 22, 2011

Future Razorback!

Ryan had a very uneventful night. His night nurse was so special and dressed him to a ‘T’ for game day! She even coordinated his bottom blanket!!


I was very fortunate to get to go up to spend some time with Ryan before my day started. His nurse was tied up with her second baby but they allowed me to go ahead and open the top of his bed and change him before I had to go to work.
Ryan was the most awake that I’ve ever seen him! His eyes and facial expressions are becoming much more animated!

 I just LOVE when these BIG eyes look up at me as I talk to them.


I enjoyed our visit this morning more than I could explain!

Ryan didn’t have many orders this morning. He received a baby lax to help him have a stool. This did the job and his tummy was feeling much much better. He was such a happy yet sleepy baby when I visited him this evening.

I was able to help her change his clothes and then patted and sang him to sleep. He has figured out that Mommy leaves when he falls asleep so sometimes this can be a real challenge!

Tomorrow is a very special day. The Share program is having a special memorial service for the little ones that were lost this last year. I know it will most likely be a hard service but I love that they recognize that our son was ‘born’ and is real. It is nice to know that he isn’t forgotten. We appreciate all your prayers. I just ask that you also remember the other families in the NICU along with those who’ve lost pregnancies, battling infertility, and who battle emotions after becoming pregnant after a loss/struggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment