Thursday, October 20, 2011

Numbered Days

Ryan was such a different little boy today! He had several stools overnight and his tummy is feeling much better. His nurse said that he was fussy when she changed him and then we told her how he has been and all of us agreed that he was nowhere near as fussy as he has been!!

The only new order he had is that his feeds are increased to 19mls every 3 hours. His nurse also told us his days in the “big” unit are numbered. He is apparently on the list to be moved to the NICU-Step-down once he gains a little more weight. It is strange not being the “sickest” one in the unit.


I was treated this afternoon. I hadn’t planned on holding Ryan today but the nurse said that she believes strongly that time with parents help the little one’s growth and maturity. I sure didn’t argue with her!


We had a very good visit. We listened to casting crowns new cd and I watched him sleep and apparently he watched Mommy when she fell asleep. I woke up and realized I had dozed off, looked down at Ryan and he was watching me when I fell asleep.


It was just such a wonderful sight to see him resting when we arrived at the hospital! I know I say this all the time but I LOVE this little face


He looked so adorable in his little trucks outfit. He may be swallowed whole but he will sport his Razorback onsie and new blanket on Saturday.


I am VERY HAPPY to say that the boy's rooms are 95% painted!! Our Big Boy is getting a Baseball room!


Our Little Boy has a Noah’s Ark Room!! I can’t wait to see the finished project!

Ryan has really been taking notice of more of his surroundings. Today he notices his finger! It was the funniest/cutest sight! It was a lot like the incident when he noticed his house top moves. He starred at his finger for the longest time. When he made a fist and pulled his hand underneath him he looked perplexed that his finger disappeared.

I’m so looking forward to watching him grow and discover new things. (not too fast though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment