Thursday, October 13, 2011

Absolute. . . Best Day!

I am spilling over with emotions!



Thursday the 13th has been an extremely hard day to stomach. It was on Thursday January 13th that our world came crashing down around us. I had to tell my husband that our unborn son was with our Lord. Today Ten months later on Thursday October 13th I was able to call my husband and give him the best news of our lives thus far!

Our little man graduated to a big little man today! I never dreamed that the doctor would write the order to extubate our son today! 

It has been a very long time since I’ve been so anxiously and happily nervous as I was this morning. My hands were shaking thinking about being about to hear our son make sound.

One of the respiratory therapists that works in the ICU in addition to the NICU was Ryan’s therapist today. I was able to stay in with him as they took him off the tube.

He did exceptionally well! When they remove the tube the little ones commonly have sneezing fits. This was the cutest little sneezes I’ve ever heard!!

It is so hard to put into words what this day has meant! I LOVE watching the video of Ryan breathing on his own for the first time!


 

I am just overjoyed!

I knew that this day was coming but I never dreamed it would be this soon.

He most definently lived up to the saying on the onsie that they placed him in lastnight with his bath!

 He is every bit Mom’s All Star!

This is a premie onsie and it swallows him whole!
He is Long enough for it but he lacks the correct width!



Dean’s face was priceless!



We are both glowing and exceptionally proud of our little man!

It is still hard to believe we are 51 days into this journey and our son has taken his first breaths! My mind is still going 90-to-nothing while my body is screaming from exhaustion!




No comments:

Post a Comment