Monday, October 17, 2011

Fussy Fussy

My poor baby was apparently up most of the night fussing and then continued that trend for most of the day. His oxygen has been great throughout the night/day but his fussing has been almost inconsolable. I guess I’m not the only one having separation anxiety about going to work and not being able to see him during the middle of the day!



Other than being fussy Ryan has had done exceptionally well off of the vent! His calories are being increased to 25 calories. He should be weighed and measured this evening. He is a stout little man. When I went to see him before work his head was turned to his right. The nurse came in to speak with me and did a double take at him because when she left out of his room she had his head turned to his left. His body maybe smaller than his gestational age of 33-34 weeks but his mind seems to be more in line with his age of nearly 2 months.

His eyes have been maturing and he has been noticing and focusing in on objects more and more. This evening Ryan noticed that his house moved for the first time. His eyes opened the widest I’ve ever seen them and honestly his mouth dropped. He pulled his hands together and very intently watched as his house lowered. I’m not sure if he was more petrified or intrigued. He spent the next 15 minutes staring and looking the top of his house over!


I missed my little guy today and apparently he missed me also. At one point his nurse resorted to picking him up out of the bed and holding him to put him to sleep. When I visited him this evening he grabbed my finger with a death grip! If I shifted my weight and my finger moved slightly at all he would squeeze harder to make sure I didn’t go anywhere.

 I changed him then took his temp (which made him very upset). I finally got him tucked in and quiet right about the time the monitor alarm went off in his room. . . . Which of course, made him fuss again! I re-tucked him and he wasn’t sleeping when I left but he was happily sucking on his passi. That’s my story.
I’m not sure how long it lasted once he figured out Mommy had gone home but when I left he was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment