Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cranky Mommy

Ryan had a very uneventful night. This morning his doctors increased his feeds to 25mls every 3 hours. He has been doing very well on his residuals.
I found Ryan this afternoon screaming his little head off, heart rate in the 210’s, and upon further investigation his cloths were soiled from the neck down. I thought I heard him crying when I walked in the door but wasn’t sure because his cry is little and muffled.  

I changed him and attempted to clean him as best I could with the wipes and he turned into my happy little man again.

I spent a little bit of time holding him out of his new house while we were
waiting on his new bedding to arrive.
When I went to put him back in
his house he gave me the funniest ‘what DO you think you’re doing’ look.

After his soiling incident he was graduated to premie diapers. Honestly I’m not entirely sure he is ready for them but if it means he doesn’t have to lie in urine until someone changes him I’m ok with it. (I know we all have our moments but the way I found him was unacceptable. I’m normally the one who keeps mom and dean in check when they want to complain but after today I’m rather ticked! I guess it’s just like any job. You get spoiled with great people who care for him like they are their own and then you get the one who is just there for a job and you’re left very disappointed)

We did get about a half hour of good time with Ryan this afternoon.  Dean was able to hold our little man until his tape holding his tubes came completely off his face. (It was halfway off when I went in and asked the nurse several times to fix it but she seemed to ignore me then ended our holding session early because the tubes came untied and he was stressed? We weren’t allowed to hold him again because he was supposedly stressed and the day before when he became stressed he acted out)

I don’t mean to be so cranky but I would like to feel like my child is being taken care of. When he has dried crusties caked on his mouth. . I’m not left with that feeling.


I just talked with his new nurse for the night and am feeling much better.
He will get a good bath and before I even mentioned anything she said explained how she likes to keep them turned and positioned.  I love this little boy so much!

Just hate that people make me have to say things. Just shows how important it is to
make our patients look the best we can because it really does make you wonder how
they’ve been taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment